As many of you know, I am a total quote nerd. I love quotes. My quotes board on Pinterest may be the board with the most pins on it. I have a love for both wise and witty words, because I consider myself wise but witty, too.
I’m constantly looking for new quotes, especially when I am struggling with something or when I need some extra motivation. Below are the thirteen quotes I am currently living by.
(Also, a warning, there is a bad word or two!)
My Favorite Quotes
- “There is power in whatever you give power.”
- “Your life is not permanent. You are not stuck. You have choices. You are allowed to grow and change.”
- “In order to become the 1% you have to do what the other 99% won’t.”
- “I wasn’t given a second chance just to play it safe. Mediocrity can kill, and I am done with dying.”
- “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.”
- “Be kind and full of love… but have boundaries like a motherfucker.”
- “No matter how educated, talented, rich, or cool you believe you are, how you treat people ultimately tells all. Integrity is everything.”
- “I really, really think the secret to being loved is to love. And the secret to being interesting is to be interested. And the secret to having a friend is being a friend.”
- “Trust the vibe you get, for energy does not lie.”
- “Remember your words can plant gardens or burn whole forests down.”
- “You have more to do than be weighed down by pretty or beautiful. You are a fiery heart and a wicked brain. Do not let your soul be defined by its shell.”
- “Write hard and clear about what hurts.”
- “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.”
These quotes have helped me through the past three years or so, when I have struggled with knowing who my friends are, who I can trust, setting up my blog and business, and making decisions. They’ve also helped me change my mindset from pessimism to an attitude of gratitude.
I wear a lot of hats: NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Weight Loss Specialist, and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. A writer with a B.A. in English and Professional Writing. A fur mom and a wife. A mental health advocate and a septic shock survivor. An Airman and an athlete. I live in South Florida and am in love with the ocean. People can typically find me either in the gym or at home, writing or reading.