Mental health is so important. I feel like I say and write that on a daily basis, but that is because it is true! We are reaching the end of Mental Health Awareness month and I honestly haven’t made a huge post regarding the subject. Why? Because every month is Mental Health Awareness month on my blog. I am always posting about mental health, and that is because I want to normalize talking about it and be apart of the force that ends the stigma.
One thing that I have not done yet on my blog, however, is post a list of mental health resources. It took me about an hour to find these resources and I tried to make them as inclusive as possible. Please keep in mind that these are United States resources only. I have also included resources if you are in a dangerous situation, like abuse.
I chose to include resources that you can text or chat online with, too, because there are many people who hate making phone calls. For many, like myself, making phone calls contributes to their anxiety.
If your life is in danger, always call 911.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: 1-888-333-2377
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 press 1
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474
- RAINN National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Self-Harm Hotline: 1-800-366-8288
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
- Warmlines – phone number depends on location
- Crisis Text Line: Text TALK to 741741
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ): Text START to 678678
Paid Online Therapy
As I said before, these are US based only resources and I know for a fact that these are not the only resources in the United States that offer help.
Do you have a favorite resource that I haven’t listed? Please comment with the information below!
I wear a lot of hats: NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Weight Loss Specialist, and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. A writer with a B.A. in English and Professional Writing. A fur mom and a wife. A mental health advocate and a septic shock survivor. An Airman and an athlete. I live in South Florida and am in love with the ocean. People can typically find me either in the gym or at home, writing or reading.